Friday, September 2, 2011

Four Year Old Friday: a pirate party

Max's 4th birthday weekend started off on Saturday with lunch at Red Robin with Baba and Grandpop, then a trip to Toys 'R Us where he chose his bday gift from us. He was soooo excited about his Lego Kingdoms playset. He and Damian had so much fun putting it together while Emma and I finished up the cupcakes, treat bags, and other party things on Saturday night.


Sunday morning started off a little crazy for this mommy. I heard thunder and rain pelting outside my window at 5:30 a.m. I immediately jumped out of bed and thought our party at the park would be ruined. I kept thinking sunshine and hoping the rain would be over soon. But that's not even the part that stressed me out. Our local park doesn't let you rent the pavilions, so it's first come to get one for the day. Needless to say, I didn't realize I should have come at 5:30 a.m. when I woke up. Instead I got there at 8:30(the party started at noon) and all 3 pavilions were taken. I'll be honest, I was a wreck! I didn't want Max's special day to be ruined! I called Damian and we knew this might be a possibility so he went to his golf course and grabbed some tables and folding chairs. Luckily one of our friends and my brother let us borrow their tents so we set everything up and it turned out even better than the pavilion. Although it was VERY windy, the rain held off and it turned out to be a great day for a party at the splash park.

Max had so much fun with all of his cousins and friends!! We are so blessed to have such amazing family and friends who joined us in celebrating our little pirate.














Max has had the best time this week playing with all of his fun new gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment