Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Her children rise up and praise her, her husband, too, extols her. "Many are the women of proven worth, but you have excelled them all." Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting; the woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

~Proverbs 31:28-30
Mother's Day weekend has been pretty relaxing for us. I have enjoyed every minute spent with my sweet hubby and precious kids. Yesterday...a day spent at home & only running a couple of errands...was just what I needed after a crazy busy week! Although soccer for Max was a major bust in the am but I'll save that story for another time.
This morning Damian had to work at 5 am--I feel like I always start my holidays/weekends by saying that because the golf course is open 365 days a year! He rushed home--so thoughtful--and had a caramel iced coffee in hand. We hurried to finish getting ready and headed to the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine and Basilica in Orlando. Although it was a last minute decision, we love going there for Mother's Day because they have over 10,000 roses on the altar to honor Mary and all mothers. I loved, loved, loved the choir and music-just can't get enough of the Ave Maria and Hail Holy Queen. It was beautiful! I also enjoyed the priest and his homily. The kids were well behaved for the most part-it's hard for my 3 year old to sit still for an hour but he colored, practiced writing his name, and drew shapes. He did his best! Emma followed along in the missal and read the readings and songs-(our church has a projector that they put the music up for the congregation to see & no missals) she thought it was the coolest thing and I loved watching & listening to her.
After mass, we snapped a few pics in front of the gorgeous roses, stained glass windows, and outside.







After church we headed to Mimi's Cafe for Mother's Day brunch with my family...party of 18.

Of course it only took seconds to get my hands on sweet Noah. I fed him his "lunch" and chatted with Mamaw Jennie for a few minutes. Thank goodness we made a reservation, we barely sat down to wait before our table was ready.

Elizabeth and I colored while we waited for our delicious food.

Uncle Michael said it was a joy to sit next to Emma...she was being a little silly here!


Best Cousins...Emma and Hannah

My Mom and Mamaw Jennie...beautiful ladies!


Brooke and Allie

I had to put Noah down when we were eating but Uncle Damian was cracking him up--what a good baby!

Max LOVED his pancakes-he ate 4 of them!

The Moms: Christine, Mamaw, Mom, Me, and Brooke
Mamaw and Mom


**Just imagine there is a cute pic of my mom and her three kiddos here--I deleted it by accident when I was typing...oops!**




1 comment:

  1. Looks like ya'll had a great Mother's Day! Mine was perfect as well!

    ReplyDelete