Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beach Fun

We had such a fun and relaxing weekend. I really didn't want it to end. I am definitely counting down to summer break----only 8 1/2 weeks--less than 50 days to go-Wahoo! This weekend was just what we needed...a couple of days in the sand and sun! There's nothing better than sitting in a beach chair with my toes in the sand, listening to the ocean, watching my kids play, play, play in the sand, and soaking up the rays. We visited our friends Jon and Cathy in Daytona Beach. They live just across the street from the beach...Awesome!! Emma managed to build sand castles one armed and loved every minute of it!
They even waded and splashed in the water. It was still a bit chilly for me! You might want to put your shades on for the above left pic--Max is sooo pasty white! :)
Damian and Jon put together this "waterfall" for the kids while they were digging their pond in the sand. They giggled and splashed and had such a blast. I love how they could play in the sand for hours and have the best time and get along so well with each other! They both kept saying "This is the best day ever!"

They were pretty sad to leave! (so was I) They especially didn't want to leave Cathy, Jon, and their dog Vader! We're looking forward to many more beach-filled days!




No comments:

Post a Comment