Saturday, April 23, 2011

Six Year Old Saturday



Yesterday was Good Friday. I had so many plans for a fabulous day--running errands, signing Max up for preschool, Emma's doctor appointment, taking the kids to Stations of the Cross at church. I took the day off for Emma's appointment with the orthopedic doctor and was excited about having the day off with my sweet kiddos.


Unfortunately, it turned out to be a pretty traumatic day. Max came down with the stomach flu on Thursday afternoon...so I was up to my elbows in vomit...awesome! So we stayed home all morning and I thoroughly cleaned & scoured my house...hoping to keep the bug away from the rest of us! I've washed my hands hundreds of times & used almost a whole can of Lysol in just two days...just hope it works!


Then, as we were getting ready to go to the doctor, Emma started having some anxiety. I tried to assure her that everything would be fine. They had to take x-rays, remove the cast, and put a new, shorter one on...well, it all sounds good in theory. She is a very smart and reasonable child. But, she FREAKED out. She sobbed, she screamed at the top of her lungs, she yelled at me and the people working. At the moment they removed the cast, I did not know who had taken over my daughter, but it was crazy--she was acting crazy. The people (it took 3 of them because she was so hysterical) told me that this happens sometimes. She absolutely did not want to see her arm, she covered her eyes and cried like never before. All the while I was holding Max (who at this point was running a high fever, whining, & crying) and I was holding her, trying to calm her down. Did I mention, I was by myself and almost lost my mind! I could not believe this was happening to me. It was a little too much. So, I calmly told the kids that we needed a quiet ride home after our big afternoon. I think Emma realized how crazy she was acting. She apologized a couple of times and was very quiet. She does love her new, shorter cast. I was excited she chose hot pink with green stripes--it matches her Easter dress perfectly.


A few hours later, after we all calmed down, I took her to Build a Bear Workshop and out to dinner at Cracker Barrel. We ended up having a great Mommy/Daughter night out! I'll have to download the pics from Build a Bear later..they are adorable!




No comments:

Post a Comment