Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tales of a Three Year Old

I think that I will not soon forget this Easter. Isn't my boy just the cutest thing ever??? I loved his outfit and he kept his hat on all afternoon...he looks like such a big boy! It looks like he's grown a couple of inches in the past few weeks.
Max got a stomach "bug" and was sick from Thursday until Monday. That was a very loooong 5 days. I swear he catches all the germs from the other kids in daycare. He just had a double ear infection and strep throat last month.
On a bright note, I was reading a parenting magazine and it had recently done research studies on illnesses with kids. It stated how kids in daycare may be sick often but their immune system builds up and by the time they are ready for kindergarten they are very healthy and miss fewer days. This is good news to me....because we have had our share of sick days this year.
We are so happy to have our sweet, healthy boy back. The whining and crying can stay away forever as far as I'm concerned. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he tried his very best to join in the egg hunts and fun times with cousins over the weekend.
He was so happy the Easter bunny brought him some new Legos and a Playmobile castle play set. He likes to pretend he is a brave knight and I love watching and listening to him play. It is just the cutest thing ever. He has quite the personality and is definitely his father's son. That kid really cracks me up with his vivid imagination!
He missed his soccer game last week but he's been practicing his skills at home so he's ready for this week. When he wakes up each morning, he tells me what day it is and how many days he has left until Saturday.
He was also very glad to be back in school yesterday after being out since last Thursday afternoon. He just loves playing with all his friends and learning new things. He is mastering writing his name and I am loving it! He also loves to tell me all the things that start like his name: monkeys, Mickey Mouse, motorcycles to name a few and he can also tell me all the things that start the same as his little buddies names--I think they must sing an alphabet song and talk about this every day.
His favorite song to sing for his newest cousin Noah is "Rat tat tat and a thump thump thump...Noah built a great big ark. he called all the animals two by two. (imagine this next part with him shouting with his hands cupped over mouth) Get on the ark it's going to rain, here come the cows, moo, moo, moo, here come the ducks, quack, quack, quack" and so on through about 5 or 6 more animals. And he sings it over and over again. So many times in fact that I catch myself singing it in my head. He just loves to perform this when he has an audience. I love that he just bursts out into song at the most random times. I definitely need to get it on video. He and Emma still love to put on singing and dancing shows for us each evening. Pretty soon they will be choreographing their own moves and want to be on stage. ha!
We are very fortunate to have our parents babysit since my sick days are completely gone for the year and Damian wasn't able to take off this week at all. My mom kept him on Monday and Damian's mom kept him on Tuesday. Last night Max told me that I needed to take him to Gram and Papaw's(my parents) house to spend the night. When I asked him why I needed to do this...he said "so that my Gram can take care of me and rub my belly and my Papaw can go to Publix and buy me glazed donuts!" My mom and I had a good laugh over that one. Of course, we only let him have glazed donuts on some weekends but the kid is obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment