Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Anniversary Trip

Damian and I had the best time in Savannah celebrating our 10th anniversary! The weather was absolutely gorgeous with hardly any humidity...that was a welcome change for this Florida girl. I just about melted when we arrived home and stepped out in the sunshine.

 It felt like another honeymoon and although we missed the kids, our time away was wonderful!
This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. After walking on River Street I noticed this back alley with steep stairs leading to antique stores. I guess it was calling my name! I told D this would be a great place for a pic. He perfected setting the camera up on ledges and captured this one! He even smiled for the camera...he's such a good sport!
 We arrived Wednesday and checked into our hotel and then headed to do a little sightseeing and figure out a plan for the next couple of days.  We ate delicious food, drank some tasty drinks, and enjoyed walking hand in hand being tourists.
 On Thursday we headed to the trolley tour at 9:00 am after having a yummy breakfast at our hotel. Our favorite stop on the tour was The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. It was beyond magnificent! We spent a lot of time looking around and taking it all in.
 We loved the houses and seeing so many different styles.
 We did the ferry tour too and I just about took a nap on the boat. It was relaxing to float on the river and listen to the history of Savannah.
 After touring the historic district all day, we went back to our hotel and got ready for a night on the town. It was another fun time!(I didn't bring my camera that night)

The next day(our actual anniversary day) we headed to Tybee Island, we were pleased to find that it was just a short drive away. After climbing up the steps in the lighthouse and touring the museum, we headed to the beach for a few hours. I was so glad we brought our beach chairs, umbrella, and cooler. Those few hours on the beach were just perfect!


After lunch on Tybee Island we headed back to our hotel for naps. Then we headed out for dinner at one of our very favorite places--Ruth's Chris Steakhouse--the first one we went to was on our honeymoon so we knew we had to make a reservation when we saw the sign on our first night in Savannah. When we normally go on vacation we only eat at local restaurants but we made an exception for one of our very favorite special occasion restaurants. Let me tell you...it did not disappoint. That steak melts in your mouth!



We had an amazing time and cannot wait to visit Savannah again.

Today we were back to life, back to reality! I had jury duty and the kids spent the day with Damian's parents. Tomorrow Emma is excited about gymnastics camp and I'm excited about spending the day with my little guy!






No comments:

Post a Comment