Monday, August 15, 2011

Mommy and Me Monday

On Friday I wanted to do something fun with the kids before our summer was officially over. I was hoping Damian could get off work early to take the kids to one of the Disney parks or Downtown Disney but no such luck.

We took the kids to Olive Garden for an early dinner and then decided to head to Lakeland to see the Lakeland Flying Tigers play baseball. They are a local minor league team and we had so much fun watching the game. We love going to Rays games but don't love the long drive to St. Pete. The games in Lakeland are so close and only cost $5! They also have a kid's club which we plan on joining next season. I wish we would have discovered them sooner but now we know and can't wait to take the kids to more games. Max LOVES baseball and Emma enjoys it too. We were there for the doubleheader but didn't stay for the entire second game. It was a good thing we left when we did because there was a pretty bad storm. Not to mention the lovely Florida heat and humidity!

It was a fun family night minus Max throwing up in the car on the way home. He enjoyed the popcorn at the baseball game a little too much. I could have done without having to do a major car seat cleaning at 9:00 p.m.



Today was my first day back at school for the first of five teacher work days. I got so many things accomplished! I should sleep well tonight because I am exhausted!! I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine and getting to know my new group of kiddos. Although waking up at 5 am again is not so much fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment