Monday, June 27, 2011

Mommy to-be Monday

I didn't really get any pics of me with my kiddos over the weekend but I did get some of a very special mommy to-be! We celebrated our friend Cathy's (and her hubby Jon's) baby to be. They are waiting until that sweet baby arrives to find out if it will be a boy or girl. The suspense is killing us all but it will also be such a fun surprise. They are also keeping the names a secret too!


We have know Cathy and Jon for about six years or so. Damian has actually known Jon a little longer because they used to work together. I first met them at a work Christmas party years ago...back when they were still dating. Then when Jon worked for a golf course in St. Thomas, USVI, Damian and I went on vacation and had an awesome time with them! That was where I first really got to know both of them.


They LOVE our kids! Cathy always jokes that if she were 6 or Emma was in her 20's they would be BFF's. Nothing warms my heart more than spending time with friends who love our kids like we do. We've gone to Disney together, the beach, boating, spent the weekends, and tons of other fun stuff with them. Damian and Jon are both Superintendents of golf courses and I'm pretty sure those guys talk on the phone several times a day...which is more than I talk to my hubby on the phone!

A little over a year ago, they lost their sweet baby girl Alison. It was a tough time but they have dealt with their loss with such grace. I cannot even imagine what they have been through. Although they are expecting another baby, their precious baby girl will never be forgotten.


On Saturday we drove over to their home by the beach, about a 2 1/2 hour drive--(way too far away--wish they were closer)--to celebrate their newest addition. Emma and I drove Cathy to her sister in-law's house while Damian and Max went out boating with the guys for the day. I didn't get many pictures because we were busy talking, eating yummy food, and watching Cathy open gifts...I love baby gifts...so sweet!


Cathy and Emma

opening gifts
Cathy and her sister in-law Stephanie
(Steph did an amazing job with the decorating, food, and all the details!)

I loved the diaper wreath!


Cathy and I(she seriously has THE cutest baby bump I have ever seen!)

I can't wait to get the call when that sweet baby arrives. I put my guess in...July 17th, we'll see if I win the baby pool. I also think it's going to be a BOY weighing in at 8 lbs, 4 oz, 21 1/2 in.

We also celebrated my mom's birthday on Sunday~so there are more pics to come from our fun weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment