Tuesday, February 1, 2011

what we've been up to these days...

I feel like it's been forever since I wrote on this blog. I had every intention of starting out the new year blogging, but my computer had a different idea. It came down with a nasty virus. We are going to be buying a new laptop soon and I can't wait!
January was a terrific month! I honestly cannot believe it's over! We spent time with family and friends and have enjoyed making some happy memories.
On the 15th we showered our dear friend, Cindy, who is really family(her sister is married to my brother!) with baby blessings for Benjamin Michael. He will be here in a couple of weeks and we can hardly wait! We are praying for him and know that he will be a little miracle!
Here's Cindy after the shower...she'd probably not love for me to post this pic but I love it! She is sitting in Benjamin's nursery and is such a cute preggo!
Opening gifts at her shower at Mimi's Cafe!
Emma and I at the shower--this was Emma's first time at a baby shower-she loved the games, especially Baby Bingo!
On January 16th, Noah William, my sweet nephew was baptized. It was a beautiful day for a baptism and such a terrific celebration with my family! I only have a couple pics but my mom has a ton! Damian and I are so honored to be Noah's Godparents!
Sweet baby Noah

Damian and I with our Godsons... Nathan and Noah...Nathan loves telling us how much they have in common-both their names start with an N, they were both born in November, and they have us as their Godparents. I think he even came up with a couple more similarities but I'll have to ask him.
We've also been enjoying some time outside in our beautiful 70 degree weather. This past weekend we went to the Kumquat Festival in Dade City. It was jam-packed with craft booths(and people). There was so much to see and the kids had a blast when we had our picnic lunch under this big tree. I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures. (even though my camera is seriously on its last leg!)
Max was much more interested in climbing the tree than eating his lunch! He is definitely my boy!
When the kids saw the bungy trampoline they begged us to let them jump. Emma loves doing flips in the air!
Max wanted to be like his big sis and chose the bungy trampoline instead of the bounce house. I don't know where my kids get their fearlessness. I am such a chicken-ha! I am so proud of them! I loved seeing the smiles on their faces and hearing them squeal with delight!

I have been wanting to try Red Robin since it opened near us. I love going out to eat after church! We always did that when I was growing up and I still have memories of our Sunday family dinner outings! We finally went this past Sunday with Damian's parents. We tried to go the week before but Max threw up in the church parking lot---awesome! He ended up having bronchitus last week. A couple of weeks ago I had an ear infection and sinus infection. So we have been trying to squeeze in some fun between being sick!


This weekend was beautiful. The kids wanted to stay outside all weekend long. We took a bike ride Sunday evening. Max is pretty quick on his little bike. I think it's adorable!

Emma is soooo close to taking her training wheels off her bike and she is beyond excited! We will be practicing a lot in the next couple of weeks. When did she get so big?


I am looking forward to February...we have so much family that will be visiting us this month. We are kicking off the fun next week with my Uncle Dennis, Aunt Tanya, and cousin Abby from Louisiana. Abby will be competing in a cheerleading competition at Disney! Emma is so excited to watch her perform! Also, my aunts, uncles, and cousins from Indiana will be visiting! I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment