Sunday, November 27, 2011

togetherness

This year for Thanksgiving we spent the day with my family.



It was a day filled with family, fun, and togetherness!



It's always a little hectic with 9 kids! (I still can't believe another little baby boy will be here in just a couple of short months...Woaaa...10 kids 10 and under!!!)


We feasted, some of us may have had seconds...it was that good! We played, we read ads in preparation of our black Friday shopping, we made crafts, watched football, some of us napped, some of us ate again, we built a fire and were blown away with all the smoke.





I looked over while my dad was carving the turkey and Noah and Lola were begging for some turkey...it was too cute! Noah started to crawl away when I grabbed my camera.


After we ate entirely too much food, and the dishes were done. We headed outside for some craft time. I had brought brown paper bags for the kids to make tee-pees but when I saw some of the old bamboo laying on the ground I thought it would work better. The kids wore Papaw's old t-shirts and had the BEST time painting their tee-pees!





I also painted their handprint turkeys on burlap to make wall hangings but it was a process with all the kids and I didn't get many pics.
While I worked on the turkeys, my sis in-law Christine was putting together the Christmas wish lists. We used scrapbook paper, the hot glue gun, and red & green ribbon. The goal was to have the kids cut out pics from the ads to attach to their ribbons. We brought them home to put the pics on though. We had enough mess with the paint and I forgot the extra kid scissors at my house.



It was a beautiful day outside and a little windy and poor Christine almost burnt her thumbs off when the wind blew the ribbon with the hot glue back on her hands! Aside from the injuries, it was so much fun to do crafts with the kids...they were asking for more!






My dad decided to put some of his bamboo to use and had the kids help him build a tee-pee. He put it together and put some blankets on the top. Needless to say it was a hit with the cousins! They even played a little limbo with some extra bamboo!








We made memories that will last a lifetime!



No comments:

Post a Comment