Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

There are so many people on blogs and facebook giving thanks during the month of November. I love the idea of writing down all of the things I'm most thankful for in my life. I decided to make a top twenty list rather than a daily list because that's what works for me! Although I try to count my blessings daily and throughout the year...it's nice to sit back and think about what I'm most thankful for at this time in my life--both big and small things-- they are all important to me!


1. I am thankful that I was born and raised in a Catholic home. I love being part of the Catholic church and attending mass on Sundays. I love hearing the scripture, singing the songs, and teaching our faith to Emma and Max. I am especially enjoying being a part of and helping out in Religious Education this year.


2. I am thankful for my husband. Of course, that goes without saying. His unconditional love, blue eyes, and handsome smile still make my heart melt. I'm thankful he knows what I'm thinking many times before I even say anything. He gets me...he's the love of my life and best friend. He also makes me laugh all the time. His sense of humor and contagious laugh put a smile on my face. He is not only an amazing hubby, he is a daddy that I always knew he would be to our children. He reads stories, teaches prayers, cooks dinner, cleans occasionally, gives baths, teaches how to ride a bike and hit a baseball, runs around, brings home surprises, makes costumes, sings songs, dances, plays games, gives piggy back rides, builds with legos, plays with dolls, snuggles and this list could go on and on! He is simply terrific...even when he aggravates me!


3. I am thankful for my daughter Emma. I always prayed that I would be a mommy and have a little girl. Having a daughter has been better than I ever imagined. I am thankful for Emma because she is one of a kind! She is loving and thoughtful. She is smart and has common sense. She is compassionate towards others, she cares about other people and their feelings. She is sensitive and dramatic. She is talented at so many things. She is going to do something big in her life. I am so proud to be her Mommy and so thankful she's mine!


4. I am thankful for my son Max. I honestly never knew how much that little boy would melt my heart. He is his father's son for sure. His sweet smile, freckles, and playfulness fill me with joy. He can play all day long and into the night. He is a good boy yet has a stubborn streak. He loves his sister more than anything and is always telling her how pretty she is and how much he loves her. He loves to learn and amazes me with his vocabulary and the things he comes up with. He asks about 500 questions a day and he is obsessed with his lego guys. God blessed me more than I ever hoped for when He gave me a daughter AND a son.


5. I am thankful for my parents, my brother and his family, and my sister and her family. I could go on and on for all that they've done for me and how much they mean to me, but I will simply say that I have the best family and I love them with all my heart---during the good times and the not so good! I think I sometimes take for granted all that I have because it's what I've always known, but as I grow older I appreciate our close knit family even more. I just love all those nieces and nephews and cannot believe that cousin #10 will be here in January!


6. I am thankful for my in-laws. All of them! They are the greatest! I love spending time with them and our family get togethers are always a blast!


7. I am thankful for my extended family both near and far...those that are still here with us and those in heaven. My family has helped shape me into the person I am today and I am definitely beyond blessed to be part of such an amazing family on all sides!


8. I am thankful that Damian and I both have jobs/careers that we love. Teaching is what I always wanted to do since I was a little girl. Although it is tougher than I imagined it would be and can be exhausting most days, I love teaching first graders and feel this is where I belong. Damian also enjoys being the superintendent and loves calling the golf course his "office".


9. I am thankful for my friends. Those that I talk to/spend time with often and those I only see months/years at a time. They each are special and important to me for so many different reasons.


10. I am thankful for modern technology and appliances. What would I do without my dishwasher, washer/dryer(although we have a love-hate relationship), laptop, and cell phone?


11. I am thankful for McDonald's caramel iced coffees. They are what gets me through the day.


12. I am thankful for my intern. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when she graduates in December. Wish I could pay her to coteach with me!


13. I am thankful for all of the challenges/struggles in my life. They have taught me many lessons and made me a stronger person who appreciates the little things even more.


14. I am thankful I don't get stressed easily...just makes life a little easier.


15. I am thankful for Target. That place has everything and it just makes me happy to shop there.


16. I am thankful for accessories. A necklace can make an outfit!


17. I am thankful for P.F. Changs. I am addicted to their beef and broccoli. Hmmm..wonder if I can talk Damian into going there for a date night soon.


18. I am thankful for date nights. And thankful for grandparents that watch our kids so we can go on date nights. It's so important to spend some one on one time with Damian...even if we do end up talking about how great our kids are all night!!


19. I am thankful for finding good bargains. I love a good hunt!


20. I am thankful for my good health and the good health of my family.


I am so very thankful for all the blessings in my life...all those that have already happened and all those yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment