Friday, June 29, 2012

Days 4 &5: Commenting Challenge

As I mentioned earlier this week, I've stayed at my parent's house and have been keeping super busy with my sister and all of our kiddos. We've been shuttling kids to vacation bible school, feeding kids, shopping, playing at the splash park and playground, done some more shopping, fed the kids many more times(it seems someone is always saying "I'm hungry"), stopped by my brother and sister in-law's new house to carry a few boxes, and celebrated my mom's birthday last night at Outback. I am beat and happy to be back home, for a few hours anyway. This weekend we are helping my brother with the big move, celebrating mom's birthday with the whole family, and welcoming my uncle, aunt, and cousin from New Orleans into town tomorrow, and my uncle, aunt, and cousins from Indiana and Japan on Monday. (Living in Central Florida we always have a lot of family and friends visiting!!)

I wanted to get a little caught up on the commenting challenge. So, here goes...
Day 4: What are some of your hobbies?
Reading: My most favorite hobby is reading. I LOVE to read! I used to get in trouble when I was a kid because I never wanted to put my books down. I still have that problem. Now I have to read when the kids are asleep late at night or early in the morning. I read every single day! My hubby bought me a Nook for Christmas and I love it but I also love to read a good solid book too. I also like to reread books I've already read. Some of my favorite authors include: Nicholas Sparks, Diana Palmer, Nora Roberts, Janet Evanovich. My favorites are mysteries and romances. I love it when the stories are romantic and mysterious.
 Shopping: Target is my favorite place to shop.I went yesterday and today. I scored some great deals today!! Who doesn't love Target? TJMaxx is also a favorite. When we move next month I am going to be sad to be away from the one a few minutes from my house.  I also love going to Old Navy and Gap. Of course, I'm usually mostly shopping for my kids at Crazy 8 and Children's Place.
Scrapbooking/Crafting: I wish I made more time for this hobby because it's something I really enjoy. Emma has a beautiful, big scrapbook for her first year. Max has hospital pictures in his baby scrapbook. I wanted to get his done before kindergarten. Maybe first grade is a better goal. I did start doing a Project Life scrapbook with a couple of my friends. We meet once a month to work on them. I decided to start with January and I'm still on the end of January. I'm hoping once we move and I have a craft room I will have an opportunity to work on my pictures and crafting more. Maybe that sewing machine I got for Christmas will be put to good use too!

Today's topic: Tell us about your dream vacation.
There are so many places I would LOVE to visit, it's so hard to choose. The most "exotic" place Damian and I have been is to St. Thomas, USVI and we loved it there. We made some good memories and love a good beach vacation. But, if we could go anywhere I think it would be Scotland and/or Ireland. We're hoping for our 20 yr. anniversary we can take our dream vacation. Some day I hope we can go to Alaska. We want to take the kids on a Disney Cruise too. I went on the Disney Magic with my family when I was in college and I know they are worth every penny but they sure cost a lot of pennies!! We'd also like to visit some historic landmarks across the USA when the kids are a little older.

I've enjoyed reading new blogs and "meeting" other people from all over during this commenting challenge.
Thanks again for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! We just got back from Disney. I would love to go on a Disney cruise. I have heard they are so fun - for kids and adults. It's so nice to meet you. I'm going to add you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete