Sunday, April 29, 2012

what we've been up to these days

It's hard to believe that on Tuesday we'll be flipping the calendar over to May. April has been busy for us but May is already promising to be busier...whew! And of course we're gearing up for summer! With just under 30 days left in the school year I don't know who's more excited...me or the kids??!! We have lots of fun things planned and big changes coming this summer for our family!! I booked our 10 year anniversary trip yesterday. Damian and I can hardly wait to celebrate! Emma is also signed up for gymnastic camp and we're hoping to go to Indiana for my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary celebration at the end of June. So far the first few weeks of summer are booked!
Here are a few things we've been up to lately:


We went on a field trip to Legoland a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful day and Emma was excited to have her Daddy chaperone. I was there with my class but was able to spend the day with my students and Emma and her friends too. We cannot wait to go back and take Max. He is going to absolutely LOVE it!


We used to live close to Cypress Gardens/the location of Legoland and Emma always loved the Southern Belles. When she was 3 she was a Southern Belle for Halloween! She enjoyed the one built with legos.
 After a VERY dramatic day, she finally pulled out her top right tooth. I love my toothless girl!!


 We've also been cheering on our little slugger!
There are t-ball games most Tuesdays and every Saturday morning with at least one practice a week. The season ends May 12th and we're going to miss seeing this little guy in action!

 The kids are getting so big and of course are very helpful!
 They helped bake cookies a couple of weeks ago! Before I know it they'll be cooking dinner! :)
 I took the kids to Damian's golf course the other day. Before we rode around they played at the park. The weather has been beautiful here lately with a couple cool days but I can tell summer is coming with the 90 degree weather right around the corner!



 my silly kids
 more t-ball fun

Today we went to the beach at Honeymoon Island.
 It was a perfect beach day.
 I enjoyed every minute of sunshine and relaxation.





I was pretty bummed that my camera battery died and I only got a few shots when we first arrived. We had a blast and even saw a dolphin swimming a couple feet in front of us. The kids played in the sand, splashed in the water, and soaked up the sunshine.(without getting burnt of course!)
Hopefully I'll be better about keeping up with our pics on here.
 We have birthday parties(so far we've been invited to 6), golf tournaments, cousin sleepovers, Mother's Day, dance recitals, end of the year testing for me(yuck!) and lots of paperwork, planning, cleaning, and organizing.
 Bring on the fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment