Monday, July 25, 2011

our weekend

This weekend was so much fun! Really, aren't they all!?! Especially when my hubby doesn't have to work! The kids love waking up and having Daddy home and so do I!


Saturday we woke up and Damian made a big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Then we spent a couple of hours in the pool. I am shocked and amazed with how well Max has been swimming!! And of course Emma wanted to stay there all day. I did a little housework, some laundry, and a quick shopping trip to TJMaxx and Walmart. Fun times over here! Damian took the kids to the golf course to hit some balls and run around.


Saturday night I had a girls night out!!! Can I get a whoop...whoop!! I honestly cannot remember the last time I had one of those. I'm thinking it was probably before Max was born...that is so sad!! Needless to say it was a much needed girls night out for all of us mommies!! I was so excited when my friend Jessi invited me to go out with her and a few friends. We met up with Shannon, Erica, and Gina for dinner at Bonefish Grill. The food was delish and we had so much fun chatting it up. After dinner, we headed to Prime bar where Kim met up with us too! We had some drinks and just enjoyed hanging out with the girls. There was a lot of mom talk and at one point I felt really old because the music was so loud I couldn't hear myself. I just had to laugh! We stayed out until almost 1 am. This mommy was so tired the next day! I can't wait to do it again!!


Sunday was church in the morning,(after sleeping in!!) grocery shopping at Publix: we had Publix subs for lunch--yummo!, and then we had a little get together in the afternoon with the Switzer's and some other friends. The kids had fun with Brody, Connor, and Zander swimming and playing together. The guys played cornhole and it was so HOT outside...everyone was dripping with sweat. We enjoyed some good fun and a relaxing night despite the heat and humidity.


All in all it was another great weekend! Today was a stay in your jammies until lunch time kind of day for us! I'm taking advantage of these days since school will be starting in just a few short weeks.


Tomorrow I'm going to try to do a little shopping for Max's birthday party! So excited to see what I can find!! We're going to go to the Magic Kingdom on Wednesday since last week we had to cancel and spend the day in the dentist office instead. I'm looking forward to getting together with my team from school on Thursday morning for a training.




No comments:

Post a Comment