Friday, July 29, 2011

Flashback Friday

I had a chance to look through some pictures at my parent's house while I stayed there for a few days. My mom has all of her pictures so organized and in albums...so proud of you mom! Some of the pics were hilarious...why oh why did I think a perm was a good idea and why did my mom let me have one in 1st grade? All I have to say is the movie Annie was very popular in the early 80's and apparently I had to jump on that bandwagon. It's so much fun to look back and remember how things were. Emma likes to call those pictures "the old days". Silly girl!


My twin brother and I have our birthday this week so I wanted to get a couple of "oldies but goodies" to share on the ol' blog later this week. I also found some others that I couldn't resist having my mom scan for me! Since I missed Way Back When-esday this week I thought I would do a little flashback Friday with a couple of family pics. Back when it was just the 5 of us. Now we are a family of 17 +1 due in January!!



The 80's

The first picture was in 1982 when my brother and I were the flower girl and ring bearer in my cousin's wedding! I LOVED that dress and I also love hearing my mom tell the story of how my brother decided to give himself a haircut just a couple of days before the wedding!
The 90's

This was in the spring of 97. My sister was making her Confirmation in 8th grade and Michael and I were in college. I look at this picture and remember those fans with the silk flowers hung on our walls for forever...it must have been a 90's thing! They are probably still in my parent's attic though. Also, my mom had really long hair that hung all the way down her back. I forget about it until I look back at these pics!



I just love looking back and can't wait to share some baby pics of my brother and I in celebration of our 34th birthday this week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment