Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tales of a Three Year Old


Even though I didn't get a chance to write about my sweet boy last week. I just wanted to do a quick update with what he's been up to...at almost 3 1/2 years old. Yikes!


He is such an outdoorsy kid. He wants to be outside 24/7. He could run around and play all day! We had some cold and yucky weather and he was stuck inside for awhile, so he is the happiest now that it's been in the 70's and beautiful. He and Damian have been playing golf, t-ball, going to the playground and riding his scooter or bicycle most afternoons.


He is also really into pirates and swords right now. He has been playing with his Mickey Mouse pirate ship nonstop since Christmas. He's really excited about the new show on Disney Junior "Jake and the Neverland Pirates". He also tells me that I have to call him a Brave Knight when he carries his foam sword around--he's too funny! He even sleeps with that sword and his little Lego guys. He also has a new love of Legos. The big boy legos...not the megablocks. His big cousins have shown him how to build things and he loves it. I think it's great for his fine motor skills. Those pieces are so small and he concentrates so hard when he's building his spaceships, castles, or whatever else he feels like building. I also bought these little bins at Ikea and he's great about cleaning them up when he's done playing. I'm pretty sure when I told him that if they are left out they go back to the store--that worked! He's been playing with his puzzles, Pop the Pig, and Elmo Memory matching game. He and Emma love to play games and put on little shows for us. I can't wait until we can all play Uno, Yahtzee, and Dominoes together. I love those games! He and Emma have been playing so well together and have so much fun. Damian and I get a kick out of watching them and listening to them.

Since January, my poor little boy has had an upper respiratory infection, bronchitus, and the flu. Needless to say, I would be very happy if we can get through the rest of the year without any illness or doctor's visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment