Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day

After our Christmas morning at home and then going to mass, we hit the road for my parent's house. The kids caught a quick nap on the way.

When we arrived it was nonstop high energy and fun. After hugs and shouts of joy to their cousins,the kids immediately went to see what was in their stockings. Gram and Papaw love stuffing the stockings and they filled them up with lots of goodies this year!





After checking out the stockings, we sat down to our Christmas feast. There was so much deliciousness. I was excited that we had leftovers for a couple of days after too!


Gram and Papaw with the grandkids...how did that happen!!



After stuffing our faces, the kids could not wait any longer to open gifts!! We were very organized this year and although it took a few hours it wasn't too chaotic! With 9 kids...organization is key! We opened gifts by family and everyone was pretty patient waiting their turn. It was so much fun to watch the excitement on the kid's faces. I really wish I would have video taped my nephew Joshua...he had the best screeches and expressions!

Even Lola, my parent's dog, liked her new Gator jersey! The kids received so many wonderful, thoughtful gifts. I'm still trying to find places for all of them. I think we might be making a trip to Ikea for some new shelves tonight!


















The kids finished the day by singing and dancing to songs from their Christmas programs.

It was definitely a fun-filled family day full of happy memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment