Tuesday, August 17, 2010

back to life... and Tales of a Two Year Old


back to reality...


School has started for me again and boy am I feeling it! When the alarm went off at 5 am I could barely open my eyes...then I remembered all that I had to do before I could get out of the house. As much as I love routine...it's going to be tough to get back in the swing of things. The kids have been sleeping in until 7:30-8 am all summer...and staying up a little later. I'm sure they will adapt quickly though.
I am excited to start a new school year. I am thrilled(yet a little emotional) about Emma starting kindergarten. I am also looking forward to a great school year for Max in Ms. Linda's 3 & 4 year old class. Besides getting my classroom ready... I am also trying to plan Max's 3rd birthday party in two weeks. Yikes...he's almost 3!! Luckily, I've been picking up a few things throughout the summer but I still have so much to do. I have the cutest pictures that I wanted to post but they are still on my camera and I'm too exhausted to wait on them to download.

This would normally be my Tales of a Two Year day so I'm going to add that here. I have some big news....Max is potty trained!! He is doing an amazing job and I am so proud of my big boy! He has been doing really well throughout the summer using the potty at home...not so much when we would go out though. But all that changed this weekend. We ventured to Target, Sam's, and a few other errands on Sat. and he did so well. On Sunday we went to church, out to lunch at Chili's and he did an awesome job again!! He started school yesterday and I know it will stay consistent.(he loves the little potty at school) I have also been putting him in underwear at bedtime since June and he hasn't had any accidents during the night. There has been such a difference potty training Max than Emma. She was sooo easy. Just decided she didn't want to wear diapers anymore at 2 1/2 and that was that. Max on the other hand has been a little more difficult. But I am so excited to not have to buy diapers/pull-ups anymore!

I have some great pictures from my mom's graduation and our birthday celebration at Disney that I'll try to post later this week when I don't have to pry my eyelids open!!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the potty training success! That is something that I am definitely nervous about. Good luck as your start your new school year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meagan! I hope your pregnancy is going well! What an exciting time in your life!! I LOVED being pregnant.
    Potty training is definitely not one of the perks of parenthood.(neither is teething) Thank goodness it happened pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete