Saturday, October 20, 2012

Seven Year Old Saturday

It's hard for me to believe that one week from today this sweet baby girl will be 8 YEARS OLD!!!!
 
It feels like yesterday when I was hugely pregnant and we were anxiously awaiting her arrival. I had no idea what to expect. I had two false alarms and headed to the hospital to get checked out. I was off work the week before she came and I would sit and imagine what my little Emma Alyse would be like.  It turns out my water broke the morning of my due date, October 27th and this sweet angel arrived late in the evening. She has made being a mommy an easy and enjoyable job. She was always a good eater, sleeper, and just a smart, happy baby, infant, toddler, and big girl. She's intelligent, a hard worker, compassionate,  and makes me proud every single day. She is such an awesome big sister and leads the pack of her girl cousins. They look up to her and often "fight" over who is sitting by Emma!!  It brings a tear to my eye to think of the past 8 years and to think that she will be driving by the time 8 more years roll around. Although these days she calls me mom and is gaining her independence, I hope she always knows how much her mommy loves her and how blessed my life is because of her!!






No comments:

Post a Comment