Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday: Monkey Bread

I've been meaning to link up with my friend Heather every Wednesday for this fun link, but quite frankly, I don't do the cooking in my house. I am VERY fortunate because my amazing husband does 95% of the weekly meal cooking for our family. That doesn't mean I don't like to cook, I do, but I have a rather long commute and my hubby is able to get everything together and actually enjoys cooking. I like to wash dishes and clean the kitchen...I know I'm weird but it's a stress reliever for me! So we make it work.

I do love baking and cannot wait for the holidays to start my baking. I also love to make appetizers and dips which I will be doing plenty of with football season here! I also love the opportunity to have the kids cook or bake in the kitchen with me. Emma is quite the little helper and loves to bake...especially when it's something sweet! A few weeks ago we made monkey bread. It always brings back memories of my childhood when I make monkey bread. Every time my brother, sister, and I had sleepovers with friends my dad always made monkey bread. So it's been around for awhile in my family.


Sometimes the oldest recipes are still the best. There are so many variations on monkey bread. I don't really use a recipe but I have certain ingredients I always use. Sometimes I make it in a muffin pan, or a loaf pan. My favorite way to make it is in a bundt pan!

Here are the ingredients I use--sorry I don't have the exact measurements but I'm sure there are tons of recipes out there:

sugar, cinnamon, 4 cans of biscuits,(small pillsbury ones) a stick of butter

First, I mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Then, melt the butter. Next, I cut up the biscuits with my pizza cutter and coat with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.

Just layer in the bundt pan. I usually pour some butter over the biscuits.
Make sure you have a cute six year old assistant who loves to help!! :)


I pour the extra cinnamon sugar and butter on the top. It's really nothing fancy but such a hit with everyone!


Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes and enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. This is a Christmas morning tradition in my husband's family. Suuuuuper tasty!

    ReplyDelete