Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas morning

On Christmas morning, I woke up super early(before 6) and began to cook breakfast. I hoped that the smell of pancakes and bacon would wake everyone up. My hubby and kiddos just kept sleeping.
 I couldn't wait anymore, so I ended up waking them up at 6:15.
They came running into the family room to see what Santa had left. They checked out their stockings and all of the other goodies.  They must have been very good this year!
Then, they opened their gifts from Damian and I. They were so sweet and appreciative of everything. 
 After a fun time unwrapping and lots of excitement, we sat down to our breakfast of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls. I lit the candles on our advent wreath and after our prayer, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. We then got ready for church at 10:00 a.m. It was a very memorable Christmas morning with my sweet family!

Max asked Santa for a race track and Emma asked for an art set and doll clothes. Santa brought those things and many more surprises.
 I love that my kids get excited about clothes and books!
We chose to give them four gifts this year.
 1 thing they want, 1 thing they need, 1 thing to wear, and 1 thing to read.(of course I saw that on Pinterest) It worked out really well. We were a little stuck on what to get them because they really didn't know what they wanted. We ended up getting Max an air hockey table and Emma a Nook. They were so surprised. I loved it! They are still thanking me for their gifts and it's been a week!
 We gave them money to shop in the wish store at school and Max was so excited about the orange scarf he picked out for me, the black socks for his Daddy, and the hair bows for his sister. Emma gave me bubble bath, a screwdriver for D, and a racecar for Max. The kids also made pictures for Damian and I and wrapped them up. It was so sweet! I always want them to remember how great it feels to give to others.
 These smiles were on their faces all day...love this!
 
We tried to get a pic before we left for church. This is the best we got!
 
Next up, Christmas Day with my family at my parent's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment