Tuesday, March 13, 2012

weekend getaway

A few weeks ago we were talking to our friends Jon and Cathy about a possible weekend getaway to Cocoa Beach to celebrate Cathy's 30th birthday. We were so excited that weekend was finally here! We dropped the kids off with Gram and Papaw on Friday afternoon and headed to the beach. Friday night was so much fun! Seriously one of the best nights out I've had in forever!! We went to dinner and then headed to an Irish pub. I wish I had taken my camera to get some shots of the dancing, singing, laughing, and dart playing.


We were so happy when we woke up Saturday to beautiful weather and blue skies. We were a little worried about the possible chance of rain. After heading to a little diner for breakfast it was time to hit the beach. It was nice to sit back, relax, and just hang out! We all really needed that! One of Cathy's best friends Kelly and her boyfriend Jeremy joined us on the beach and Saturday evening for some more fun! I think Bocce ball on the beach was the highlight!


After our entire day at the beach, we got ready for a night on the town. We had dinner, went to the pier and ended up at a place called Sandbar. I'll be honest...I was pretty exhausted from being in the sun all day but it was still a good time. I look back and think I nap would've been a good idea! But, we enjoyed listening to the live bands and chatting away. One of the funniest parts of the night was when one two man band asked for the lyrics for a song so Kelly pulled out her iphone and helped the guy out. We didn't stay there too long. Of course, I had my camera for Saturday night but didn't get too many pics. Everyone loved the surf board!






Here are a couple of beach pics I took with my phone:


It was a fabulous weekend away with my hubby! I absolutely love being with my kids but think it's so important to spend one on one time together..especially since we have been running kids in all different directions with their after school activities and have been so busy lately!

We enjoyed every minute and I cannot wait until we celebrate our 10 year anniversary in June.




No comments:

Post a Comment