Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tales of a Three Year Old...Arrr--Matey!

I cannot believe that exactly two months from today my baby boy will be 4 years old...Ahhh! I just signed him up for Pre-K today and I have to admit I got a little teary eyed!

When I asked Max what kind of party he wants to have he said Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He is so excited(and so am I)!! He's really into pirates right now. He loves to play with his Mickey Mouse pirate ship and Lego pirates, and of course watch Jake and his pirate friends. His other favorites are knights and castles, and Scooby Doo. Thankfully, he's not into the scary pirates. (I'm not either and won't let him watch Pirates of the Caribbean.) We took him on the Pirates ride at Magic Kingdom but I think he was still a little scared of those "real" pirates. So our party will be a preschool appropriate one. Unfortunately, I've looked online and in stores and there is no Jake and the Neverland Pirates partyware. But I have found some other ideas and will be making some things and have already bought red and black party plates and napkins. They were on sale at Walmart for .75 a pack--score! I love planning a party! We are going to keep it simple and have it at our local park that also has a splash park. I found some cute invites on snapfish that I plan on ordering and the disney junior website has some cute ideas for things that I cannot wait to start making. I figure I will spend some time next month getting things ready because once school starts things start to get hectic and unfortunately his birthday usually falls the second week of school...right in the middle of the craziness!


My mom got these pirate bandanas from a press event she worked at Disney when the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie came out. When I was cleaning out toy bins and baskets last week Max couldn't wait for me to put the bandanna on him. He told me that now he just needs an eyepatch...silly boy. He was pretending he had one in the second pic. He loves wearing it around the house and has even been known to take a nap with it on his head!





No comments:

Post a Comment